Hello my fellow believers,
This week I talked with a friend about why we go to church. It was an interesting conversation and it made me really think about why I came to this church to begin with. I can’t say that there is one particular reason but, I know that it had to do with wanting to study the word of God and engage in ministry in some meaningful way. I guess that is why during these difficult times I have been blessed with the online sessions where we continue to study the word of God and also make plans to continue with outreach. I want to believe those were the thoughts Paul was having when he said”
“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:11-13
Did you catch that? Our strength to overcome the challenges associated with life today is in Christ alone. Even in these times of physical distancing, there is still a need for ministry. A need for you to give of your time, talents, and treasurer. I am always amazed by a friend of mine who even when she is sick, she wants to engage in work for the Lord. It is such a powerful reminder that while I am able, I should keep busy for the Lord!
Come join us for loving fellowship this Sabbath via our Virtual Fellowship as well as our In-Person Services. There is no registration for this week’s in-person service but we will continue to have screening before entry. Doors open at 11am.
Below is an outline of tomorrow’s program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship via our Zoom Space:
Sabbath Sept.19, 2020
Online Fellowship - Program Outline
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am - Sabbath School Lesson
- 11:30 am – 11:35 am – Announcements/Feature
- 11:35 am – 12:00 pm –
- Message for Today
- Chap Mike Monroig - “The View from the Window”
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Fellowship Time
- Food Drive Sept 19th and 20th - Women's Ministries
- As you know it’s the time of year again to deliver food to the Samaritan House! To those attending in-person services tomorrow Sept. 19th, you can place your contributions in the box at the back of the church.
- For persons making their donations on Sunday Sept. 20, Sister Raylene I will be at the church from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm to receive your contributions.
- Thanks so much for your donations. Somebody once said,” When you open your heart to giving, angels fly to your door!”
- Hidden Gems Finders
- Each week I embed a hidden activity within each message with hidden instructions.
- This week’s gem: What is the main idea of this week's message? Email us the response.
- Personal Ministry Opportunities
- The pickup box needed to have a bit of refurbishing. You can now go to the pickup box at the back of the church to get your GLOW tracks that you can use for your personal ministry. Enjoy sharing the word!
- Follow Us on Facebook
- We have been posting video resources and additional materials that you will find helpful and encouraging. Check us out on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pg/VBSDAC/
- Follow us to get updates on what’s happening!
- Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Are you proficient at using Zoom?
- Is Instagram your application of choice?
- Do you like calling or texting with friends?
- If you answered yes to any of those questions, we might have a ministry that you can help with! Please contact Claudius (firstname.lastname@example.org / 812-606-0656)
- Returning Tithe and Offering
- You can continue to return your tithe and offering using one of two options:
- Use Adventist Giving Online - https://adventistgiving.org
- Mail your checks to - Virginia Beach SDA Church, 4136 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Offering this week goes to Local Church Budget. Check out the feature for the week - Link to This Week’s Offertory Online
- Train up a child. Parents often feel guilty for not doing enough for their children. In fact, at times, some of us parents go overboard and indulge our children. Desires are satisfied, toys pile up in the guest bedroom, high-priced electronics are purchased. Soon after some of these articles are acquired, interest in them subsides and they are relegated to obscurity. Is this story familiar?
- The Bible teaches us that we should “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6). Teaching children about tithes and offerings is best in their earlier years. They can be taught to count out the tithe from monies they earned. They can also participate in donating to worthy causes.
- The key in this training is the selection of proper timing, attitude, and benevolence. The child should not feel compelled. If properly explained, most children desire to participate in a project that helps other people.
- Recently, a local pastor learned with delight that a young boy was returning his tithe faithfully because “that’s what God desired.”
- Let us teach our children to be faithful in their earning and return to God what is rightfully His. This training will reap extraordinary dividends in the future.
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: