This week I was reflecting on 2020 and all that took place over the year. As I examine the many milestones in my life, my community, the country and the world, I noticed a common theme. At every turn we were being asked to be patient. Asked to be patient as we figure out what to do about the pandemic. Patient when asked to physically distance ourselves from each other. Then it occurred to me that as Christians we have been asked to be patient and wait for the Lords return. James says it most forcefully. He states:
“You also must be patient. Keep your hopes high, for the day of the Lord's coming is near.”
James 5:8 GNB
Notice James states this as a command that we “must be patient”. For us as Christians living in a sinful world, we have to be patient with ourselves, with each other, and for the fulfillment of one the Bible’s most important promises. The return of Christ. James encourages us to keep our hope high! In some versions they use the words “establish ourselves” in this promise. Christ’s coming is near. My friend, if there is one thing I know, it is that we all look forward to the return of Christ and what that means for all of us. It means no more sorrow, no more pain, no more suffering. Only joy, unending joy!
As we patiently wait upon the Lord, come join us for loving fellowship this Sabbath via our Virtual Fellowship. Below is an outline of tomorrow’s program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship via our Zoom Space:
Sabbath January 16, 2021
Online Fellowship - Program Outline
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am - A Prelude of Praise (Special Musical Session)
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am - Sabbath School Lesson (Adult, Youth, Kids)
- 11:30 am – 11:35 am – Announcements/Feature
- 11:35 am – 12:00 pm – A Message for Today - “Lift Him Up!” - Elder Daphne Fiedtkou - John 3:14
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Fellowship Time
A Prelude of Praise (Special Musical Session)
- Join us each Sabbath morning from 8:30am to 9:00am on Zoom for our prelude of praise. Uplifting music that will start your morning right! Come sing along or humm to the song that blesses you.
Plant Based Cooking Class via zoom
- Yet another great culinary experience! Thank you all for joining!
- Next session will be on February 13, as we learn about delicious meals cooked with love!
Hidden Gems Finders
- Each week I embed a hidden activity within each message with hidden instructions.
- Special mention to Raylene B. and Michael G.
- This week’s gem: What was one of the things included in the gift talked about in this week’s GLOW video? Email us the response!
Personal Ministry Opportunities
- You can also sign up for the Weekly newsletter from Glow Ministries by going to www.glowcentral.org/news. Sign up today to get daily testimonies, GLOW news, and more!
Returning Tithe and Offering
- You can continue to return your tithe and offering using one of two options:
- Use Adventist Giving Online - https://adventistgiving.org
- Mail your checks to - Virginia Beach SDA Church, 4136 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Note from Treasurer: Please update your mailing address on the Church Community Builder website as this will be used to mail the end of year contribution receipts since we are not meeting in person. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Offering this week goes to the Local Conference Advance. Check out the feature for the week - Link to This Week’s Offertory Online. Also check out this week’s video presentation as well.
Emergency Fund: A church member lost his job when his company downsized. He knew that for weeks he would be without food and without the ability to pay his bills. He told the pastor about his situation.
- The pastor said, “You are not alone. About a third of our congregation’s members have gone through tough times. Our church can assist you for a month or two to give you time to get back on your feet.
- The church board requested his rent and utility bills. It shocked this man that the church would give, not loan, the money to help pay the bills.
- The pastor shared this text. “Verily I say unto you, In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:40
- Weeks later, the man found another job. He wanted to repay what the church had done for him.
- The pastor pointed out a line item in the church budget called Emergency Fund. This explained how the church had assisted him and his family.
- When you give to the church budget, a part of the offering goes to help church members in time of need. By contributing to the church budget, you are helping to provide resources to those in crisis—one day this may even be you! Today, when we give to the local church budget, we are supporting all the ministries of the church.
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: