Isaiah the author of the book of Isaiah knew what it was like to live in a troubled world. “Everywhere there was miscarriage of justice, for magistrates judged for reward and rulers were primarily interested in pleasure and personal gain. Greed, avarice, and vice were the order of the day. As the rich became richer the poor became poorer, many sank into the depths of poverty and were reduced to the status of slaves. The social and moral conditions of the times are graphically depicted by Isaiah and his contemporaries, Micah, Amos, and Hosea. Many of the people forsook the worship of Jehovah and followed the heathen gods. Others clung to the outward forms of religion but knew nothing of its true meaning and power.” (SDA Bible Commentary, Vol 4). It is within this context that Isaiah states:
“Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.”
Isaiah 1:17 (NIV)
Regardless of where you find yourself, you know that the world is in a troublesome time. May you find courage and hope in the words of Isaiah to keep making a difference in this world. God’s speed.
We continue with our online fellowship tomorrow starting at 9 am. Below is an outline of tomorrow’s program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship May 23rd via our Zoom Space:
- Join with Audio and Video - https://zoom.us/j/513943880
- You Can also call in directly using one of the numbers below (Meeting ID 513 943 880):
Program Outline for Sabbath May 30, 2020
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am - 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am - Sabbath School Lesson (Adult and Youth)
- 11:30 am – 11:40 am – Announcements/Feature
- 11:40 am - 12:00 pm – A Message for Today – Pastor Kamil Metz, Dir. GLOW International
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm - Fellowship Time
Return to In-Person Services Survey (Urgent!!)
- As a part of our efforts to plan for restarting our in-person services, we are requesting feedback from all members and regular attendees to the Virginia Beach SDA Church. You can complete the survey online here: https://forms.gle/ejssk9kG6dr2Jd378 . Please complete survey by end of day Wednesday June 10, 2020. Thank you for your continued support.
General Conference 100 Days of Prayer
Personal Ministry Opportunities
- A pickup box has been place at the back of the church with lots of GLOW tracks that you can use for your personal ministry. Enjoy sharing the word!
Food Drive – June 7
- Women’s Ministries will be hosting a Food Drive on June 7. This was originally schedule for May 10. More details will follow as to drop off procedures for all the food collected. You may still do monetary contributions addressed to the church with memo: Samaritan Home! Thanks!
Follow Us on Facebook
Sabbath School Resources for Kids
- You can also check out our Facebook page for weekly resources for the little ones. Videos, websites, and more….
Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Are you proficient at using Zoom?
- Is Instagram your application of choice?
- Do you like calling or texting with friends?
- If you answered yes to any of those questions, we might have a ministry that you can help with! Please contact Claudius (email@example.com / 812-606-0656)
Returning Tithe and Offering
If you would like to receive periodic updates on the status of our church service, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (757-260-4075) with the key words “Stay Connected”. Remember, God will keep in perfect peace all who trust in him, all whose thoughts are fixed on Him (Isaiah 26:3).
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: