Habakkuk is one of those characters in the Bible that you don’t hear very much about. The book written by Habakkuk totals three (3) chapters. But what a powerful three chapters they are. From the words of Habakkuk you can rest assured that he believed that Jehovah is from everlasting to everlasting. One commentator reflecting on Habakkuk’s faith notes that:
“…his faith reaching out beyond the forbidding prospect of the immediate future, and laying fast hold on the precious promises that reveal God's love for His trusting children, the prophet added, ‘We shall not die.’ Verse 12. With this declaration of faith he rested his case, and that of every believing Israelite, in the hands of a compassionate God. …The faith that strengthened Habakkuk and all the holy and the just in those days of deep trial was the same faith that sustains God's people today. In the darkest hours, under circumstances the most forbidding, the Christian believer may keep his soul stayed upon the source of all light and power. Day by day, through faith in God, his hope and courage may be renewed. ‘The just shall live by his faith.’ In the service of God there need be no despondency, no wavering, no fear. The Lord will more than fulfill the highest expectations of those who put their trust in Him. He will give them the wisdom their varied necessities demand” (Prophets and Kings 386).
We pray that your faith be strengthened as you go and your hope find abundance in the promise of God’s word! Maranatha!
Join us today August 8th starting at 9 am for the joy of fellowship with each other. Below is an outline of today's program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship via our Zoom Space:
Online Fellowship - Program Outline for Sabbath Aug 8, 2020
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am – 11:15 am - Sabbath School Lesson (Adult, Youth, Kids)
- 11:20 am – 11:50 pm – A Message for Today
- 11:50 am – 12:00 am – Announcements/Feature
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Fellowship Time
Tidewater Adventist Academy 30 Days of Prayer
- We are especially excited to kick off our 30 days of prayer this Sabbath. We always need to have God’s presence here at TAA and we always need your prayers but this year we feel such a great need for prayer to meet the challenges we might face. I’m attaching a picture that might be helpful when announcing this event. https://www.tidewateracademy.com
Enrollment: We encourage anyone seeking an in-person, on-campus learning experience to reach out quickly, as these spaces will go quickly. https://www.tidewateracademy.com
Virtual Town Hall Minutes
- For those persons who were able to attend last week’s town hall meetings, thank you for your contribution and a blessed conversation about what has been happening within our Church community. If you were unable to attend, don’t worry, Elder Belleza took very detailed notes.
Passing of Brother Butch
- It is with sadness that we announce the passing of Brother Howard “Butch” Scroggins. I know that we can speak for the entire church when we say our prayers are with the family and we ask that you accept our deepest sympathies. We look forward to the joyful reunion when the Lord returns. Please see his obituary for details about the viewing and funeral service.
Hidden Gems Finders
- Each week I embed a hidden activity within each message with hidden instructions.
- This week’s gem : Approximately how many students do the Adventist Universities mentioned in this week’s offertory serve? Email me the number.
Personal Ministry Opportunities
- A pickup box has been place at the back of the church with lots of GLOW tracks that you can use for your personal ministry. Enjoy sharing the word!
Follow Us on Facebook
- We have been posting video resources and additional materials that you will find helpful and encouraging. Check us out on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pg/VBSDAC/
- Follow us to get updates on what’s happening!
Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Are you proficient at using Zoom?
- Is Instagram your application of choice?
- Do you like calling or texting with friends?
- If you answered yes to any of those questions, we might have a ministry that you can help with! Please contact Claudius (email@example.com / 812-606-0656)
Returning Tithe and Offering
- You can continue to return your tithe and offering using one of two options:
- Use Adventist Giving Online - https://adventistgiving.org
- Mail your checks to - Virginia Beach SDA Church, 4136 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Offering this week goes to Local Church Budget. Check out the feature for the week - https://www.nadstewardship.org/readings/2020-08-08/
Find your place – faith, friends, future. Serving more than 9,500 students combined, Andrews, Loma Linda, and Oakwood Universities are specially tasked with preparing future church leaders for the mission fields of healthcare and pastoral work.
- You can tangibly help a student like Vanessa, who chose to attend Loma Linda University because of its holistic approach to health. To her, health went beyond physical healing. It included the social, emotional, intellectual, environmental, and spiritual health of her patients.
- Or you can help a student like Christian, who was raised Roman Catholic in Ecuador and decided to leave a career in technology to become a pastor and attend the Seminary at Andrews University. His friends, family, sponsors, and mentors at Andrews helped him “rekindle the spark that ignites a commitment toward a true revolution of thought and action.” And he now wants to “wholeheartedly change this world with Christ and for Christ!”
- Please give generously to help make a difference for students like Vanessa and Christian. Your help will be greatly multiplied by all those who are assisted by these future leaders of our churches and communities.
- —Marc A. Grundy is Director of Marketing for the Association of Adventist Colleges and Universities
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: