Greetings Brothers and Sisters,
This evening the deaconesses, deacons, elders and the pastor met at church to prepare for tomorrow’s communion service. Together they gave of their time, energy and effort to ensure a blessed experience for everyone. This is a new experience for all of us and so not everything went the way we had hoped. But one thing was true for all of us: we are all looking forward to communion. This week our pastor talks about the experience of communion. Before you go to this week’s video check out this quote of the week:
- “The beauty of celebrating communion is that God reminds us that we have been set free from the burdens of sin!”
Watch the full message for this week here from Pastor Jorge Quintiana - Click Here.
Come join us for a loving fellowship this Sabbath via our Virtual Fellowship (Zoom and Facebook Live) as well as In Person service (Doors open at 11 am)
Below is an outline of tomorrow’s program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship via our Zoom Space:
Sabbath May 14, 2021
Online Fellowship - Program Outline
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am - A Prelude of Praise (Special Musical Session)
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am - Sabbath School Lesson (Adult, youth, kids)
- 11:15 am – 11:20 am - Announcements
- 11:30 am - 11:35 am - Special Music
- 11:35 am – 12:00 pm - A Message for Today - “Make my House What it’s Intended to be.” Matthew 21:13
Pastor Jorge Quintiana
- 12:00 pm – 12:05 pm - Closing Prayer
- 12:05 pm – 12:45 pm - Communion Service
Hidden Gems Finders
- Each week I embed a hidden activity within each message with hidden instructions.
- Special mention to Raylene B., Michael G
- This week’s gem: What does Pastor tell us in this week's message is the first thing beauties of celebrating communion? Email us the response!
Personal Ministry Opportunities
- Please join us in praying for the speakers for the next few weeks:
- May 15 - Pastor Jorge Quintiana
- May 22 - Chaplain Mike Monroig
- May 29 - Pastor Jorge Quintiana
- May 15th - Communion Sabbath
- May 16th - Church Work Bee
Wednesday Evening Prayer Meeting (6pm via Zoom)
- Please join us each Wednesday evening at 6pm for a time of prayer and study of God’s word.
- Please keep our meeting facilitators in prayer
- May 19 - Claudius Rodgers
- May 26 - Verleyne Andrews-Rodgers
- June 2 - Bobby Belleza
Returning Tithe and Offering
- You can continue to return your tithe and offering using one of two options:
- Use Adventist Giving Online - https://adventistgiving.org
- Mail your checks to - Virginia Beach SDA Church, 4136 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Offering this week goes to the Local Church Budget. Check out the feature for the week - Link to This Week’s Offertory Online. Also check out this week’s video presentation as well.
“The Church is on fire!” - We can talk about being “on fire” as a good thing. But when flames and fire trucks appear, a church on fire is never good news!
- Once the fire was out and the immediate crisis over, the church members met to make plans for how to meet the emergency. They gave offering appeals for repairs. The work of restoration began at once.
- But there was another special need. The Pathfinder club, with about 50 children, wanted to attend the Camporee that year. At first, they asked for permission to raise funds from resources outside the church. The board granted permission. The young people began asking for donations from family and friends. They wrote letters to aunts, uncles, cousins, and neighbors. Little by little, the Pathfinder funds arrived.
- The last Sabbath before the deadline for the Camporee, the Pathfinder club still fell somewhat short of their goal. In spite of the focus on the fire restoration, the pastor gave a special appeal for the Pathfinder club. The congregation responded, and the Pathfinders had the funds needed for the Camporee.
- The Pathfinders didn’t know that it was impossible for them to raise the funds within months. They had faith God would bless. Their motto was Matthew 19:26. “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Today, let us remember that what seems impossible becomes possible when a church works together to support the local church budget.
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: