Greetings fellow believers,
There are some verses in the Bible when you read them by themselves, they blow you away with the depth that they carry. While preparing for this week's message I came across just such a text. I am going to share the specific verse with you but encourage you to read the entire chapter so that you can put it into context. Here it is from the New King James Version:
“There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without significance.” 1 Corinthians 14:10
Isn’t that amazing? Paul was talking about the various gifts that we sometimes seek to possess. I liked this verse because Paul speaks to the importance of every language and every voice. There is significance in each and every one of us. As we come to the close of this Thanksgiving week/season, it is a timely reminder that we all have significance and value to each other as well as to God. Remember that God hears every voice regardless of where you are and whether or not you are shouting or whispering. We serve a God who is always thinking about us and wants to save us all. You are important to him!
Come join us for loving fellowship this Sabbath via our Virtual Fellowship. Below is an outline of tomorrow’s program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship via our Zoom Space:
Sabbath Nov. 28, 2020
Online Fellowship - Program Outline
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am - A Prelude of Praise (Special Musical Session)
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am - Sabbath School Lesson
- Adult – Dan Vardiman, Claudius Rodgers
- Youth – Aldrin
- Primary – Raylene Baumgart, Emmanuel Ascercion, Judy Campbell (Special Appearance)
- 11:30 am – 11:35 am – Announcements/Feature
- 11:35 am – 12:00 pm – A Message for Today - “Thanks Giving!” - Elder Aldrin Mota
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Fellowship Time
A Prelude of Praise (Special Musical Session)
- Join us each Sabbath morning from 8:30am to 9:00am on Zoom for our prelude of praise. Uplifting music that will start your morning right! Come sing along or hum to the song the blesses you.
Tidewater Adventist Academy
- Tidewater Adventist Academy is part of a special program coordinated by the Potomac conference. It involves receiving a tax credit for any donations made to TAA before the end of the year. Here is a basic idea of how it works: 1) You request pre-approval through the conference for an amount you wish to donate (say $1000). 2) You receive pre-approval for the amount you wish to give. 3) You send a check and your approval form to the conference 4) You receive a Virginia tax credit certificate of 65% of your donation ($650). So you gave $1000 but you get back $650! If you would like additional details, please contact our office (757-479-0002, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hidden Gems Finders
- Each week I embed a hidden activity within each message with hidden instructions.
- Special mention to Joan WB and Mac S.
- This week’s gem: What is the personal ministries verse of the month? Email us the response.
Personal Ministry Opportunities
- Next week Sabbath, December 5, after in-person service we will be dropping off books in the church neighborhood that will be packaged in clear door-handle bags. Come join Personal Ministries for this outreach project. Meet at the front of the church at 12:30pm. We will be going out for 30 minutes or less, COVID-19 precautions in place. Door handle drop offs only.
- You can now go to the pickup box at the back of the church to get your GLOW tracts, sharing books and quarterlies that you can use for your personal ministry. Enjoy sharing the word!
- You can also sign up for the Weekly newsletter from Glow Ministries by going to www.glowcentral.org/news. Sign up today to get daily testimonies, GLOW news, and more!
- Check out this week's Glow Testimony here. And just in case you heard Sister Joan’s testimony this week, here is the testimony that she shared.
Church Community Builder
- Did you miss last week’s email message? Or maybe you want to get the contact information for someone that you haven’t seen at church in a while? Did you know that you can log into the Church Community Builder Website to view all previous messages and find the contact information of other members of our church? Visit: https://vbsda.ccbchurch.com/goto/login
Follow Us on Facebook
- We have been posting video resources and additional materials that you will find helpful and encouraging. Check us out on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pg/VBSDAC/
- Follow us to get updates on what’s happening!
Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Are you proficient at using Zoom?
- Is Instagram your application of choice?
- Do you like calling or texting with friends?
- If you answered yes to any of those questions, we might have a ministry that you can help with! Please contact us at email@example.com or 812-606-0656.
Returning Tithe and Offering
- You can continue to return your tithe and offering using one of two options:
- Use Adventist Giving Online - https://adventistgiving.org
- Mail your checks to - Virginia Beach SDA Church, 4136 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Offering this week goes to the Local Church Budget. Check out the feature for the week - Link to This Week’s Offertory Online
When we stop and serve, others go to camp. Ed Horan of Lewistown, Montana, was hurrying to visit a sick person. When he was just about to enter the house, a young teen with a sad demeanor walked toward him on the sidewalk. Ed felt impressed to stop and ask the teen what was wrong. They chatted for a minute, and Ed realized that the teen was blind.
- Anthony lost his eyesight in an unfortunate sledding accident and his life changed drastically. He was legally blind. Ed talked with the young man and informed him that there was a summer camp taking place for young people with disabilities. This camp was sponsored by private donations and the local conference. Within three days, Anthony was enjoying summer camp with other young people.
- This miracle took place because one person listened to that ever-still voice of the Holy Spirit. He stopped, he cared, and he engaged in a conversation with a stranger.
- Do we care? Do we stop? Do we ask other people about their days or weeks? It can be intimidating at times. Yet we must remember that all of us carry burdens. Most of us have issues. And all of us can become opportunities for service.
- Let us ask God for such opportunities to serve. When we serve, we better other people’s lives.
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: