Greetings fellow believers,
Did you know that God wrote a song? Yes, He wrote a song and gave it to Moses for him to give it to the children of Israel. It is a song that God wanted to serve as a reminder and as a witness to His people. It was to remind them of their responsibility to Him and His deep commitment to protect and guide them through every obstacle and challenge that would come their way. It was a song that when they heard it would point them to the way in which they should go. You can find the song in the book of Deuteronomy:
““So write down the words of this song, and teach it to the people of Israel. Help them learn it, so it may serve as a witness for me against them.” Deuteronomy 31:19 NLT
For each of us God has given us a song of remembrance. A song that when we are in our most challenging times, when we are in our weakest moments we can grab on to. David knew well the pain of being forsaken by family and friends. He knew the hardship of wanting to do God’s will but being held back. He understood depression and emotional hardship. And in the midst of it all, God gave him a song. God gave him many songs! Songs of joy and happiness. Songs that reminded him of his Redeemer. Songs that were a comfort and gave him hope. So it is even the more meaningful when he says these words in Psalms 42:8:
“The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life.” Psalms 42:8 NKJV
So the next time you feel sad and depressed about what is happening to you or happening around you, remember, God has given you a song! You have only to sing it!
Come join us for loving fellowship this Sabbath via our Virtual Fellowship. Below is an outline of tomorrow’s program and a few announcements. Stay connected!
Please join us for Virtual fellowship via our Zoom Space:
Sabbath Oct. 23, 2020
Online Fellowship - Program Outline
Below are details for our program and Announcements for this week:
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am - Prayer and Praise (Share your blessings and prayer requests.)
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am - Personal Ministries Time
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am - Sabbath School Lesson (Adult, Youth, kids)
- 11:30 am – 11:35 am – Announcements/Feature
- 11:35 am – 12:00 pm – A Message for Today
- Michael Greer - “The Road to Colima” - Jonah 1:1-3
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Fellowship Time
Tidewater Adventist Academy
- Tidewater Adventist Academy is looking for substitute teachers. In the event that one of our teachers needs to quarantine, we would love to already be prepared with a deep bench of substitute teachers from our church family that is ready to keep our students on the path of knowledge!
- If you are willing to be called on to help, please contact our office (757-479-0002, email@example.com).
Hidden Gems Finders
- Each week I embed a hidden activity within each message with hidden instructions.
- This week’s gem: What is the name of the arm medic mentioned in this week’s offertory? Email us the response.
Personal Ministry Opportunities
- We have a new pick-up box! It is blue and it is beautiful! Stop by and take a look! You can now go to the pickup box at the back of the church to get your GLOW tracts, sharing books and quarterlies
- that you can use for your personal ministry. Enjoy sharing the word!
- You can also sign up for the Weekly newsletter from Glow Ministries by going to www.glowcentral.org/news. Sign up today to get daily testimonies, GLOW news, and more! !
Church Community Builder
- Did you miss last week’s email message? Or maybe you want to get the contact information for someone that you haven’t seen at church in a while? Did you know that you can log into the Church Community Builder Website to view all previous messages and find the contact information of other members of our church? Visit: https://vbsda.ccbchurch.com/goto/login
Follow Us on Facebook
- We have been posting video resources and additional materials that you will find helpful and encouraging. Check us out on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pg/VBSDAC/
- Follow us to get updates on what’s happening!
Social Media Volunteer Opportunities
- Are you proficient at using Zoom?
- Is Instagram your application of choice?
- Do you like calling or texting with friends?
- If you answered yes to any of those questions, we might have a ministry that you can help with! Please contact Claudius (firstname.lastname@example.org / 812-606-0656)
Returning Tithe and Offering
- You can continue to return your tithe and offering using one of two options:
- Use Adventist Giving Online - https://adventistgiving.org
- Mail your checks to - Virginia Beach SDA Church, 4136 Holland Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Offering this week goes to the Local Conference Advance. Check out the feature for the week - Link to This Week’s Offertory Online
- “Investing in our future.” Desmond Doss was an unassuming army medic often ridiculed for his stance on non-violent approaches to military service. His army colleagues often threw boots at him when he kneeled for prayer. He was called a coward and other names for his firm stance as a noncombatant conscientious objector. Yet, in 1945, at the Battle of Okinawa, Desmond Doss saved the lives of 75 men. He braved enemy fire, snipers, and an inhospitable terrain to save lives.
- For such valor and courage, he received some of the highest military honors. President Harry S. Truman awarded Doss the Medal of Honor on October 12, 1945.
- This service came at a price. Doss was wounded and evacuated from battle. Seventeen pieces of shrapnel were present after his gallant rescue missions. For the next five-and-a-half years, Doss underwent medical treatments that eventually culminated in him losing his hearing.
- Such an amazing life story reminds us that service comes at a price. Jesus Christ Himself offered His life for the salvation of humanity. What a beautiful example to follow and legacy to remember.
- By giving generously to the local Conference Advance, we are supporting programs and initiatives that are greatly appreciated in our local communities.
Virginia Beach SDA Church
4136 Holland Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23452-1906
Visit us at: